Quality Control Architect
The Collaborative, a full-service architectural firm with offices in Ann Arbor, MI and Toledo, OH, is seeking a self-motivated individual with at least 15-20 years’ experience to join the Toledo or Ann Arbor office as a full-time employee with a focus on leading the Quality Control, Document Review and Building Code review efforts. Project types would consist mainly of Higher Education project but would touch other Commercial, K-12 and Retail project types.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Work with the firm Principals to deliver office-wide technical design support and quality assurance of documents
• Perform specification writing when needed and coordinate specifications with documents
• Develop, maintain and manage The Collaborative’s master specifications
• Provide building code support and guidance for both office locations
• Be the go-to resource for architects and other professionals for building code reviews, constructability, building performance and sustainability goals
• Train and mentor younger staff members in specifications, quality control, material selection, etc.
• Committed to assuming a quality control leadership role across various types of projects while reporting to the Board periodically throughout the year
• Actively engaged with industry experts and local trades/resources to support technical accuracy and constructability
• Progressive thinking to embrace new systems and software
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Creative problem solving
Send resume and portfolio to email@example.com